Carports are a great way for homeowners to protect their vehicle from the harsh elements we sometimes have in Westmoreland, Fayette, and Somerset Counties.
Carports can protect your car from rain, snow, hail, sun, and wind. This can help to extend the life of your car and keep it looking its best. Carports can also provide a place to store your car when you are not using it. This can help to keep your car clean and free of debris.
In addition to protecting your car, a carport can add value to your home by providing additional storage space and protection for your vehicle.
- Demolition of existing 17 x 22 carport that had footings and pier block failing.
- Dug new oversized footings and poured solid with concrete.
- Removed a small section of driveway concrete that was sloping towards the house and poured it with appropriate slope away from the home.
- Original column on house was replaced and moved closer to center of brick pier to better distribute weight before being wrapped in 1/2” AZEK.
- Exterior support posts are 8×8 treated posts with a double 2×12 beam. 2×8 rafters and cut and 5/8 plywood on top of the rafters with cross blocking where needed.
- A two part rolled roofing was installed and rolled smooth. Each end of roof was covered with 1/2” AZEK.
- New gutter and downspout installed with appropriate white flashing at house and over ridge beam.
- New white vinyl railings where installed at stairs and around back porch area.
Having a carport can enhance the value of your property. Potential homebuyers often appreciate the added protection and convenience that a carport provides, making your property more attractive in the real estate market.
If you are considering getting a carport, and live in Westmoreland, Fayette, or Somerset Counties area of Pennsylvania, we can help!
NJK Home Remodeling is a family-owned and operated business in Latrobe, PA. We understand that your home is your most important investment, and we are committed to providing you with the best possible services.
Give NJK Home Remodeling a call at 412-610-5148 or use our email form here ›